As summer break comes to an end, law enforcement agencies around the country are preparing for one last opportunity to connect with the community before students go back to school. National Night Out is being observed Aug. 1 this year. All the events held to mark the occasion provide a chance to promote relationships between neighborhoods and those in uniform, which in turn makes our communities more informed and safer.
For years, deputies have looked forward to taking part in National Night Out events throughout Lexington County. Not only does National Night Out give our LCSD family a chance to meet yours, it gives us an opportunity to explain what we do. That understanding is crucial for deputies and citizens because we’re all in this together.
From serving up snow cones to showing off our vehicles, National Night Out events help show that our men and women in uniform are also residents who care about Lexington County and the people who live in it.
We invite your family to come meet ours at any of the following National Night Out events throughout the county Aug. 1:
- Timbermill subdivision: cookies and lemonade at the gazebo 6 – 8 p.m.
- MacGregor Downs: ice cream social 6 – 9 p.m.
- 207 Shirway Court: pizza party
- 1165 Old Barnwell Road: pizza party
- 2606 Emanuel Church Road: ice cream social
- Stratton Place: drinks and food 7 – 8 p.m.
- The Rapids: watermelon social 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Waters at Berryhill: pizza and drinks 4 – 5 p.m.
- Willow Winds: cookout
- 2852 Neely Wingard Rd. 6 – 8 p.m.
- Lloydwoods subdivision
- Batesburg-Leesville: Old College 5 p.m.
- Red Bank Walmart: Saturday, Aug. 5, 5 – 8 p.m.