[tabs direction=”top” tab1=”Report a Crime” tab2=”Request Incident Report” tab3=”Media Inquiry” tab4=”Inmate Search”]


Report a Crime

The Lexington County Sheriff’s Department is committed to reducing crime throughout our community, and you could provide critical information to help us do just that.

We may not be aware of potential criminal activity that may be occurring in your neighborhood. Since you are most familiar with what is typical or normal activity in the area that you live, you have the opportunity to identify potential problems at the onset. Therefore, we encourage you to get involved and notify us of activity you are suspicious of.

You can report suspicious activity by filling out the form below. You can use the form to provide our deputies with information about gangs, drugs, or other illegal activities occurring in Lexington County. The information you provide will be forwarded to appropriate personnel to be followed up on. Providing us with your name is not required, however, it may help to validate your submission as well as give investigators the ability to contact you for further information if necessary.

With your help, we can make Lexington County a safer place! All information you submit, including your identity if disclosed, will be kept confidential if you desire.

Name (optional)

Telephone (optional)

Email (optional)



Your Crime Tip*



Request Incident Report

Copies of incident reports filed with the Lexington County Sheriff’s Department can be obtained through the Records Unit at Sheriff’s Department headquarters located at 521 Gibson Road in Lexington.

Crime victims can receive a copy of an incident report, free-of-charge, by submitting a request using the form at the bottom of this page. Other individuals wishing to obtain a copy of an incident report, must do so by visiting the Sheriff’s Department, and a small fee will be charged.

Incident reports are processed Monday – Friday (excluding government holidays). It may take up to three business days to process an online request. Requests for multiple incident reports can only be made at Sheriff’s Department headquarters.

If you have questions or any trouble obtaining a copy of your incident report, please call the Lexington County Sheriff’s Department at (803) 785-8230 and speak to the Records Unit.

Incident reports are emailed in PDF format. In order to view PDF documents, you must have Adobe Reader installed.

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Phone Number

Victim Name

Incident Location

Incident Type

Incident Date

Driver's License #

State Issued

Case Number (required)

Terms of Service
You must be the victim of the crime for whom the report was written. (South Carolina Law provides that a report must be provided to the victim of a criminal offense without charge.)

You need the correct case number. Our case numbers are 8 to 10 digits long. The first two digits are the year with 6 to 8 digits after that.

Erroneous information will result in the request simply being discarded. We will not make attempts to correct the information.

We cannot provide reports involving juvenile or sexual assault victims. These must be requested in person at our office on Gibson Road in Lexington. You may also wish to contact the Victim Assistance Officer assigned to your case.

Submission of false information to obtain reports is punishable by law, and will be prosecuted.

The Sheriff's Department reserves the right to disregard any requests, at its discretion, without notice.

I Agree to the terms of Service



Media Inquiry

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Phone Number


Please describe the nature of your media inquiry

Terms of Service: I understand media inquiries will be sent to the Public Information Director for approval. Media inquiries are not considered official Freedom of Information Act requests and may be rejected or denied at the discretion of the Public Information Director. I understand that it may take up to three business days to receive a response.

I accept terms of service



Inmate Search

Please press the following link to be taken to the Inmate Search page: Inmate Search